Guidelines for Booking Horse Riding Lessons
Riding Program Options:
- Session Packages
- Pay per Lesson
- Practice Rides
- Pony Rides
- Introductory Classes
- Advanced Rider Program
- Make-up Lessons
- Winter session package special
The year is divided in 4 sessions of 12 lessons:
Winter (December, January, February)
There will be no lessons December 22- 28.
Lessons on the 31st of December will be moved to the 29th of December and lessons on the 1st of January will be moved to the 30th of December.
Make-up lessons are available on December 27th, 28th, and January 12th Make-up lessons are available on December 27th and 28th
Spring (March, April, May)
There will be no lessons on April 30th and from May 26th to June 1st.
Make-up lessons are available on May 29th and 30th
Summer (June, July, August)
There will be no lessons July 11th to the 17th.
Make-ups lessons are available on July 9th and 10th
Fall (September, October, November)
There will be no lessons October 8th to the 14th
Make-up lessons are available on October 9th and 10th
Payment for the full session must be made in advance. Spaces will be held for currently registered students until the 15th of the month before the new session begins.During the weeks that there are no courses, individual private lessons and practice rides may be available.
- Individual lessons can be booked up to a week in advance if space is available
- Payment is required 48 hrs in advance to confirm your space
Practice rides may be available for currently registered students with their instructor’s consent
- 50 minute maximum duration including warm up and cool down
- Students may practice some of their skills while ensuring the ride is enjoyable for their horse
- Horses must be properly warmed up/cooled down and groomed after riding
- Riders must never ride without another person at the barn
- Minors must always have an adult parent or guardian present unless it is during one of the supervised practice rides
This is a great opportunity to learn about the wonderful world of horses from a young age!
30 minute one-on-one lesson including:
- learning how to groom and tack up the pony/horse
- how to be safe and comfortable working with ponies/horses
- 15 minute mounted lesson
This is ideal for beginners to get you started on your equestrian journey. Available for ages 7 to adult. 45 minute private lesson including:
- learning to groom and tack up your horse/pony in preparation for your lesson
- a ridden part where you will learn basic skills in preparation to join the lesson programming
Advanced Rider Program (Intermediate Riders only)
This is an opportunity to learn advanced riding skills on Queenswood Select horses. Learn how to ride a variety of young horses that show great potential hand selected by Queenswood Stables or get the opportunity to ride a seasoned school master and perfect your advanced dressage skills. .
Students are eligible for a maximum of two make-up lessons per session
- Must be scheduled on the predetermined make-up days either during the current session or the session immediately following (see Session Package section). If you are unable to make up the lessons during these periods, the lessons will be forfeited
- To be eligible, the lesson MUST be canceled 48 hours in advance via email only (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Students can self register on the makeup sheets provided once Queenswood receives an email and the rider is deemed eligible for their makeup lesson.
- Spaces will be filled on a first come
- Can only be scheduled in the current or following session’s make up days
- Refunds are not provided
Winter Session Package Special
- We understand that winter can pose certain difficulties for scheduling, those who wish to continue to ride but can not commit to the full session can purchase an 8 week package
- Lessons will be booked based on rider and Queenswood availability weekly
- Can ride as often as they wish and can purchase a second package of lessons once finished
- May book as many as 4 lessons in a week based on availability
- Not eligible for makeup lessons
- Does not guarantee a riding space for the spring session
- Must use up lessons before the end of the winter session
- Prices vary depending on the class, please inquire
- Please complete the liability form online prior to your arrival https://bit.ly/QWSLiabilityWaiver
- Upon arrival, come to the small indoor arena where your instructor/staff member will help you get started
Every effort will be made to help students who are still learning how to tack up get their horse ready for the start of the lesson. The time spent teaching beginner students about grooming and tacking up may be used as part of their riding time
Exception: Pony ride and introductory lessons are not required to show up earlier than their lesson start time to tack up/groom. This is included as part of their lesson
- Riding helmets are available if you don’t have your own
- ALL riders must ride with a boot or a shoe with a small heel
- Proper closed-toe footwear is required in the barn for everyone (parents, siblings, and friends)
- Students should arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your lesson start time.
- Riders capable of tacking up on their own are expected to have their assigned mount ready and in the ring prior to their lesson start time.
Lesson pricing listed on the Lesson Booking Guidelines below.
For all lesson enquiries
Please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Please bring the following completed forms with you: